Monday, September 5, 2016

Wendy Bernard's fingerless lace mitt from Creativebug: practice run

Saturday I knitted this fingerless lace mitt from the Creativebug class by Wendy Bernard.  I knew my yarn was too thick but I wanted to try making one for practice.  I enjoyed learning the "nested fans" lace pattern.  

I used the yarn I salvaged from an old sweater my cousin gave me. I'm all for practicing a pattern on yarn that's inexpensive. On this mitt I learned that when you do a m1 increase if you knit it through the front loop instead of the back loop there will be a hole.  I didn't carefully read the pattern and made that mistake on this glove's thumb gusset.  

I liked that this glove requires some focus when you are knitting the lace and the thumb gusset, but there aren't too many stitches to count like there are in a project like a scarf. So you can easily fix mistakes and you don't have to really pay attention for as long at a time. 

If you try this pattern, definitely read the pattern before you watch the corresponding segments of the video lessons.  Especially if you are making a different size glove than the instructor makes.  










No comments:

Post a Comment