Monday, February 1, 2016

Woven wall hanging

Just finished this wall hanging yesterday.

I've been under the weather and mostly not up for too much drawing or anything but reading, really.  

Anyway, this weaving uses gray yarn that I unraveled from a sweater.  I used soumak stitch at the top left. 

 Glad I did this because it's been a dream of mine for years to weave on a loom and I finally accomplished it.

I enjoyed the process of weaving.  I liked that it didn't take too much focus.  It was kind of meditative even and I wrote down a bunch of notes and ideas while I worked. 
I used a frame loom that sits on the table and I found it to be a pretty physical activity, which also makes it different from knitting or crocheting. Overall I liked weaving better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment