Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Beaded cardigan Alabama Chanin style






Really pleased with how this turned out.  

There are about 10,000 beads here.  It's so sparkly. The dark gray Alabama Chanin glass beads from Czechoslovakia are so nice.  

I enjoyed every step of this project from painting to stitching to cutting the reverse appliqué to beading to construction and adding the binding.  

Glad I bought the pieces of organic cotton jersey fabric already cut from Alabama Chanin.  

My side seams are floating on the inside while the shoulder seams are top stitched.  Maybe the non-uniformity of the seams is a flaw but I hope it just adds character. 

This is a gift for my boyfriend Sloan's mother.  I know she'll enjoy wearing it around Marion, Al where she lives.  She has already told the woman at the bank that soon she is going to come in wearing a jacket that will knock your eyes out! So funny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment